I thought I'd quickly review the hardwood refinishing prices in Calgary, AB.
As you know they range anywhere from $2.00/sq.ft to $7.00/sq.ft.
Why is that?
There are few things you should know about:
1. there are two kinds of companies out there - contractors including myself, who do the work themselves or with helpers; and bigger companies with showrooms, warehouses, bunch of salespeople etc. who always subcontract the work. Obviously they would charge more, as there is a basic charge by a subcontractor plus a mark-up (huge in some cases).
2. let's leave those bigger companies behind and talk about contractors (guys who actually do the work) - not everyone is the same or works in the same way. Cheaper guys tend to skip on essential thing in sanding, prep work etc. ,so they spend less time doing the work.
3. finishes and lacquers - there are quiet a few finishes and lacquers available. They range from $20.00 to $250.00/gallon. As a customer you are rarely given an option and left wondering why they charge different prices.
4. your actual floor - it takes way longer/ costs more to refinish pre-finished floor vs. site-finished or new unfinished. Stained floor would cost more than natural.
5. cash deals - I hope you understand that those prices are at least 20% lower 'legal' prices.
My promise to you: I'll never be the cheapest guy out there as I use more expensive finishes ($115.00-$250.00/gallon). I do promise to provide you with very reasonable prices though.
I'm starting to work with natural OSMO finishes.
I was at Community Natural Foods the other day and realized how many people are conscious about their health. Well, you have the opportunity to have your floor refinished with natural OSMO finishes!
Feel free to contact me.
Welcome to our website! I am happy that you've found us. We are a small family run and operated business. I offer a friendly professional service at very reasonable prices. There is no showroom, warehouse, no sales people, no helpers of any kind. This is why I am able to offer you the prices that are much lower than those offered by bigger companies.
How about the quality then? The answer is very simple: I'm sure that intuitively you understand that the best quality you can get is from the business owner, someone who cares. And I do care! Check my testimonials if in doubt. Another point to consider is that most of my work comes from referrals and returning clients.
Choosing a contractor is a very important step. Please take your time. Not everyone is the same or would work in the same way. I've heard so many stories about guys that can not install stairs or do staining. Some of them just do refinishing and can not install. This is all wrong, I think.
There are also big companies out there, who are members of National Woodworking Association and/or Best Business Bureau. No matter what they say about themselves they still subcontract guys who skip on very essential things like using wax paper or glue (important for installations) or hand sanding (refinishing)!
I've set high standards for myself. Along with using professional grade products they help to achieve outstanding results.
Looking forward to working on your flooring project!